A mass spectrometric analysis of proteins provides basic information about the identified proteins of a studied biological organism. Output data on a specific protein are limited to the extent of a protein database record in FASTA format, which is supplemented with selected results of an actual mass spectrometric measurement. The processing and evaluation of the results includes a time consuming manual search for further data on individual proteins in available electronic databases.
A software tool ADprot was developed to automate this process. The tool enables:
- automated search for selected data in freely available protein databases UNIPROT and NCBI, their integration with experimental results obtained by mass spectrometry and saving the data to a local database
- loading and updating selected data on proteins downloaded from protein databases UNIPROT and NCBI
- loading experimental data on proteins identified by mass spectrometry including sequences of peptides used for identification of individual proteins in the measurements
- generating output reports in various formats
- data stored either on database server or locally in file system
ADprot was developed in cooperation with the Institute of Virology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences.
- ADICyt for automated clustering of flow cytometry data
- ADprot for automated search in protein databases
- ExProf for assembly and comparison of expression profiles
- InDelFinder for automated search of mutations in DNA sequences
- Logit for automatic detection of data dependencies by means of logistic regression
- MultipluginG for extending NextGen sequencing funcionality of Geneious software
- Parent Prophet for testing of custom relationships between people